Saturday, June 18, 2011

The SOLO Shopping Trip

The SOLO Shopping Trip

  How awesome it was! And what a haul I came away with! Of course I got the usual groceries, BUT I was able to spend 45 minutes in the hair isle! I know, right?! Shopping sans hubby is really fun! Anyway. I saw the usual Wally-World stuff, Cantu, Just for Me Hair Milk (I'm instinctively turned off by any product with "straightening" right on front of the bottle.), That "Mizini" or what ever that petroleum ladened crap is called. Oh! I looked long and hard at everything. I actually found my Aussie Moist in the pump bottle ($4.84!! I was gonna pay $7 for this crap online!). That made me happy. :) I found Suave Captivating Curls conditioner, so I'm going to review that soon. Got my shower caps and some more satin bonnets...

  Then I saw it. African Pride Olive Miracle Anti-Breakage Formula MAXIMUM STRENGTHENING Moisturizer Lotion. $2.87 for 12oz. It was petroleum free, and smelled WONDERFUL, so I decided I'd try it. Why not? Well I gathered my crap and came back to work to wait for DH to get off. Once parked, I decided to put a little of it in my hair. The Long Aid already had it soft with all the humidity today, so I figured what could go wrong? 

  My.. Hair... melted... Like... BUTTER!!! and the smell in the bottle does not do it justice, cause your hair smells so good after.. Like some sort of candy. I can't place it really, but it smells so sweet and good. And my hair is so SOFT right now!! This isn't a "proper" review, as I like to do those with clean hair. But I think this product is a winner. It had everything I want. For $2.87. Spectacular. :)

The ingredient list is terrific!

Water, soybean oil, propylene glycol, olive fruit oil, Shea butter, coconut oil, jojoba seed oil, avocado oil, ginseng root extract, Rosemary leaf extract, horsetail extract, tea tree leaf oil- just to name a few. There is Lanolin oil, but it's in the last ingredients, as is dimethicone, but I can live with these ingredients so far down the list. 

  I used it like 2 hours ago and my hair is still really soft and that smell is still going strong. (If you don't sweet smells, I'm sure there is a version somewhere with less scent. Then again, this product is so inexpensive there may not be! LoL!) 

 Now, it's dark & I'm looking in my car mirror but looks like my little curls are poppin' all over. This may be good for low humidity days product. I just can't get over the SOFTNESS!! Even DH felt it and was happy at how soft it is. He said the smell was ok. Then said he likes it! I guess this product is a miracle! LoL! If it makes him like ANYTHING about my natural hair it must be a miracle product. 

Holy Grail? Maybe. I have to try it more than once & on clean hair. I'll use it tonight before putting on my satin bonnet and see how it feels in the morning, AND after co-washing to see if I feel the magic still. KeraCare taught me a lesson about declaring Holy Grail before you've truly tried a product start to finish! But it hair lotion, and I do love my lotions. I was looking for B&B castor oil lotion. Glad they were out of it, so I can try this out! LoL! 

 Well, that's all for now I guess. More details after the wash. :)

Ciao

Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment